It’s time for “Stick in Link”, the feature where we just plug in a bunch of stuff written by others! Featuring a smattering of links from around the Smylosphere and beyond every Tuesday and Thursday. Warning: our links are so hyper, they change colour when exposed to heat. (Have something for us to share in the next edition? E-mail us at email@example.com, tweet us @passittobulis, or just come over and write your link on a pad of paper, I guess.)
• Sad news, as the Utica Comets have joined their parent club in being eliminated from the playoffs following a loss to the Rochester Americans. [Comets]
• The early end to the Canucks’ season means a slough of stories about how local sports bars are feeling the crunch without the most popular local sport. Here’s one from all the way out in Langley. [Langley Advance]
• Speaking of the draft, Ryan Kesler indicates that he’d like to remain a Canuck beyond it. “Hopefully I can stay,” he said in his exit interviews. That’s the right thing to say. If the Canucks don’t trade him, he’d hate to playing in a market he’d acknowledged wanting to leave, which is sort of what happened with Roberto Luongo. It didn’t seem fun. [Vancouver Sun]
• The Sedin twins on next season: “We will come back better.” [The Province]
• Jordan Bowman looks back on the hockey world the last time the Canucks missed the playoffs, when they did so alongside some team named the Trashers or something. Their logo was a garbage can or something. I don’t know. [Legion of Blog]
• Now that we know the Canucks will pick sixth at the NHL entry draft, a look at the top 10 prospects, one of whom will likely become a Canuck at the draft. [Vancouver Sun]
• The top 10 stories of the Canucks 2013-14 season, which double as the bottom 10, in my opinion! (The joke is that it was a bad season. Ha ha ha. Jokes.) [Canucks Army]
• The game 1 playoff hero for the Montreal Canadiens: former Canuck Dale Weise, who scored the overtime winner.
• After the game, Weise had this to say:
Postgame, Dale Weise talked about opportunity he’s been given by Therrien. Said he doesn’t think Torts believes in 4th liners in Van.
— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) April 17, 2014
• Relive the Canucks’ season (because why wouldn’t you want?) through the ever-changing Vegas odds. [The Province]
• The WHL is sniffing around Abbotsford, but not for next year. [BC Local News]
• Finally, here’s a very important video of Ryan Kesler raising the roof at Celebrities Nightclub. [Instagram]