You may have noticed over the last few days that fans of the Boston Bruins and fans of the Vancouver Canucks disagree on a lot of things, such as the anatomical location of knees. All this animosity was briefly entertaining, but it has quickly grown tiresome instead as fans on both sides seem to have forgotten basic human decency, such as viewing fans of other teams as human.
That’s why I think it’s time to find some common ground. I’m guessing that Canucks and Bruins fans, being fellow members of the human race, actually have a lot more in common than either group thinks.
Here are 15 things that both Canucks fans and Bruins fans can agree on:
1. Zdeno Chara is tall.
2. Both owe Brian Burke a debt of gratitude for his role in building their teams.
3. Baby animals are adorable.
4. No one likes the Montreal Canadiens. Not even Canadiens fans. Now, if they had more francophones…
5. The Cam Neely trade was a bad deal for the Canucks.
6. The Joe Thornton trade was a bad deal for the Bruins.
7. Bobby Orr was pretty good at hockey.
8. Jar Jar Binks is an abomination unto the Lord.
9. The New York Yankees suck.
10. Boston Cream is the best cream. If there were a Cream Dream Team, Boston Cream would be team captain.
11. Louis C.K. is a national treasure.
12. The other team’s media is the most homer, biased media in the NHL.
13. Gary Bettman looks like a toad.
14. If there are three unoccupied urinals in a bathroom, the only incorrect choice is the middle one.
15. The Dropkick Murphys are awesome.Tags: Blogs are for lists, Bruins, Canucks, Questionable Comedic Content