TSN Highlights – Washington vs New York, April 15, 2011
The Washington Capitals took a 2-0 lead in their series against the New York Rangers last night thanks to some stellar goaltending by Michael Neuvirth and goals from a pair of Jasons, Arnott and Chimera. But something odd occurred in the dying seconds of the game. With a mere 4.8 seconds remaining and the game clearly over, Bruce Boudreau frantically called a timeout from the bench before a defensive zone faceoff. What possible reason could Boudreau have for calling a timeout at such an inconsequential time?* Here are 10 possible reasons for the oddball call.
- Mistook Jeff Schultz’s #55 for Mike Green’s #52 and panicked, thinking he sent out Green for a defensive zone faceoff.
- Hadn’t had a chance to swear at his players all game.
- Thought he saw Mike Knuble’s ass in his head.
- Wanted to aggravate John Tortorella just enough to make him get into a war-of-words with Larry Brooks.
- Smelled food.
- Wanted to know what flavor of snow cone everyone wanted for after the game.
- Was practicing his cheerleading and wanted the crowd to give him a “T”.
- Saw a fortune teller before the game who told him that if he didn’t use his timeout, McDonald’s would never again bring back the McRib.
- Just remembered punch line to joke he started telling in the first intermission.
- Briefly thought he was coaching basketball.
*Actually, it’s not too hard to figure out. Notice the players on the ice for the Rangers: Sean Avery, Brian Boyle, and Brandon Prust. Prust and Avery led the Rangers in fighting majors this season and Boyle is 6’7″. It’s pretty obvious what Tortorella was trying to do and why Boudreau may have wanted to talk to his players.
Tags: Blogs are for lists
, Bruce Boudreau
, No one reads blogs on the weekend
, Questionable Comedic Content